RV Spring Cleaning Checklist
With spring right around the corner, you may be already dreaming of your first trip in your RV. However, before you get ready to pack your bags, it’s important to tackle a thorough cleaning of your RV. Check off our RV Spring Cleaning Checklist to get your rig ready for the wide open road. Does your RV need maintenance? Get it scheduled in our Service Department today.
Spring Cleaning Supplies
Before you slip on those rubber gloves, you’ll want to make sure you have all the needed supplies to clean your RV. Not sure where to find them? Stop by our shop for all your RV needs! We suggest the following:
- Roof & Window Sealant
- Wash & Wax
- Fresh water system cleaner
- Rubber roof cleaner
- Roof brush
- Awning Cleaner
- Rubber roof UV protectant
Spring Cleaning Tasks
This list is by no means exhaustive, but if you complete all tasks your RV should be in good shape for that first camping excursion. It may be easiest to start with a deep clean of the interior, before moving on to the exterior.
Interior Cleaning Tasks
- Disinfect the kitchen and bathroom
- Vacuum all carpets
- Mop the floor
- Dust all surfaces
- Sort through drawers and cabinets – get rid of outdated/no longer needed items. Wipe out drawers before returning items.
- Open up the windows to let in fresh air
- Make beds with fresh linens
- Rehang curtains and check blinds
Exterior Cleaning Tasks
- Check seals and seams on your roof, windows, storage compartments and elsewhere. Apply new sealant to cover any cracks.
- Check your tire pressure and inspect the tread and sidewalls.
- Clean your RV’s exterior, washing both the sides and the roof. Wax the exterior until it shines.
- Clean the RV canopies and awnings
- De-winterize and sanitize your RV’s water system.
Looking for tips and supplies for your RV spring cleaning project? Stop in and talk to our helpful staff today!