Senior Off-Season Pass
Changes to the Senior Pass
The Senior Off-Season pass at the Washington State Parks allows seniors to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the state parks when they are far less crowded and at a much discounted rate.
However, this program is preparing to undergo a few changes to make off-season reservations easier for more seniors to enjoy. After much consideration, the State Parks have decided to end the practice of refunding campers for advance reservations before the purchase of a Senior Off-Season Pass. This means you will only be able to use your reservation discount on reservations made Sept. 1 through April, and after you purchase your discount pass. Refunds will not be issued for reservations made in advance, even if the reservation is made for a date in the off season.
More equitable opportunities
In the past, seniors could make an advance reservation at the normal rate, and then once they had purchased the pass, could get a refund on the difference – which is nearly the full price. However, the Parks is aware that not all seniors have the economic ability to advance purchase. Consequently, they are requiring the purchase of a pass first before any discounted reservations can be made. These changes will be in effect for the 2023-2024 off-season pass.
Other Senior Discounts
The Washington State Parks also offer the Senior Citizen Limited Income pass to Washington state residents who are 62 years of age or older. This pass is for limited income seniors who have a household gross income of $40,000 or less in a calendar year.
Limited Income passholders receive free entry to state parks, free watercraft launch, free trailer dump, a 50 percent discount on nightly camping or moorage fees and a 50 percent reduction in fee for the Senior Off-Season Pass.
Senior Pass Information
- Available to: Washington state residents who are 62 years of age or older.
- Provides: Free camping or moorage at one site per night. There is a $10 per night utility fee for camping at a site with hook-up services.
- Cost: $75; 50% off for Senor Limited Income pass holders. Visit the Parks website to learn more.
- Pass sale begins: Sept. 1 every year; Discounted reservations cannot be made until this date and after a pass is purchased.
- Valid: Sept. 1 to March 31, seven days a week; April 1 to April 30, Sunday through Thursday.
- Apply: Visit the Parks website to download your application.
Information found on adventureawaits.com.