Summer Camping TipsWays to Stay Cool at Your Campsite
Wanting to experience the great outdoors this summer but having trouble staying cool? Don’t skip your camping trip just because the temperatures are hot! Here are our Summer Camping tips to get creative, grab the right gear, and stay cool even on the hottest days of summer.
- Find Shade: Pick a campsite that has plenty of shade to keep you, your gear, and your food cool on hot days. Make sure your tent or RV are parked in the shade, because they heat up fast! All Seasons carries pop up shelters and tarps to help bring shade to you!
- Cool Clothing: Wear and pack light colored, breathable clothing. Loose fitting moisture wicking clothes are the best for staying cool. Invest in a sunhat to keep your head cool, and sandals to let your feet dry out.
- Capitalize on Cooler Times of Day: Schedule your big non-water activities during cooler times of day, in the early morning and late evening. Or seek out hot weather activities during the heat of the day, such as cave exploring, or relaxing by the water.
- Find water: Waterfront camping is a priority this time of year. Set up your camp near a stream or lake to stay cool in the heat of the day. No water? Set up an inflatable pool, or jump in a cold shower.
- Ventilation: Make sure your tent or RV have proper ventilation to help you stay cool at night.
- Food and hydration: Bring foods that don’t need to be cooked over the heat, such as fruit, popsicles, and pasta salads. Purchase insulated water bottles to keep your beverages cool. Avoid beverages such as caffeine and alcohol, which will dehydrate you. Make sure to pack ice for your drinks!
Visit All Seasons RV to get equipped for your summer camping adventures!