Washington State Parks Summer ConcertsDon't miss out!
Looking for something to do this summer?
Washington State Park’s Folk and Traditional Arts Program has a terrific lineup of free, fun, entertaining and often educational events happening at many state parks throughout August.
Peace Arch Historical State Park in Blaine, on the U.S.-Canada border, is the perfect setting for these concerts! Each one-hour concert begins at 2 p.m. every Sunday in August. This summer’s lineup includes:
- Aug. 5: Eduardo Mendonça & Show Brazil—showcasing the culture of Brazil with music, dance and martial arts.
- Aug. 12: Gansango Music & Dance—a multicultural group of international dancers and musicians who perform traditional and contemporary dance and music from West Africa.
- Aug. 19: Lharik Dhakpa and Tsering Dolker—traditional Tibetan music and dance featuring performers trained at the prestigious Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts.
- Aug. 26: Srivani Jade Ensemble—soulful North Indian music featuring harmonium, tabla (a North Indian drum) and rich vocals.
The Folk and Traditional Arts Program has more great events and performances in August:
- Aug. 10, 11, 24 and 25: Summer Music and Dance Program at Cama Beach Historical State Park. Dance to live music the way Cama Beach campers did in the 1940s and 50s! Don’t know how to dance? No problem! Callers will be on hand to show you the moves for square, circle and contra dances.
- Aug. 11: Cambodian Cultural Festival at Saltwater State Park. (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Enjoy live music, traditional food, crafts, children’s activities and dance performances from members of the South Puget Sound Cambodian community.
- Aug. 25: Micronesian Cultural Festival at Saltwater State Park. (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Join us for this inaugural performance of traditional Micronesian music and dance, crafts, food, children’s activities and more.
- Aug. 25: Waikiki Concert Series at Cape Disappointment State Park. (7 p.m.) Moe Bowstern and Paper Eclipse present an evening of fisher poetry and a shadow puppet show.
Events and performances are a great way to travel, experience arts and culture, and camp at our gorgeous state parks!